Monday, June 23, 2014

DIY Balloon Weights

Happy Monday!
After a much needed weekend, I'm back to give another money saving tip. Its so easy and simple. Balloon weights are an essential at most parties. On the low end, they can cost about a dollar a piece. That's fine until you want to put them in 10 or 20 different places. Don't blow your budget on that. Instead make them yourself. 




Items needed:
Shiny wapping paper or tissue paper
Ribbon
Scissors
Decorative marbles or rocks




Step 1: Cut your wrapping paper or tissue paper into squares. You can eyeball your squares or you can measure them to be about 10'' x 10''. I clearly eyeballed mine.




Step 2: Fill your square with decorative marbles or rocks. I used the ones I had sitting in a centerpiece on my kitchen table. The amount needed is dependent on how heavy the filler is. With the decorative marbles I'm using, it took about 15. When I ran out of those I started using rocks. Yes, rocks! It only took 2-3 rocks to make a weight heavy enough.


        

Step 3: Before you lose your marbles : ) , tie a ribbon around the square. Leave extra ribbon when tying so that you will be able to tie balloons to the weight.




Ta Da! All done. You can curl the ribbon or not. Remember, you'll be tying balloons to the ribbon. I made what feels like a zillion of these. They held up really well for the party. The ones made with tissue paper were not as durable, of course. If you plan on using more than a few times, I would suggest making the investment for shiny wrapping paper and decorative marbles. 


Happy Planning!

Bethanie





No comments:

Post a Comment