Saturday, June 14, 2014

Little Man Mustache Bash: Nehemiah's 1st Birthday Party





Oh what joy, oh what fun, our little man turned 1!






I had the pleasure of planning a Little Man Mustache Bash for my son, Nehemiah. All though I enjoy planning all the events I do, this one was extra special to me. I couldn't let these moments go unshared.  Here are the highlights of the party. 

My little man arrived to the party asleep.


It wasn't too long before he was up and at 'em.

We decided to have the party at a local recreation center. They set up toys for the kids to play with in the room. 



Food 


Since the party was around lunch time we had MANwiches with chips.



There was also some fruit bow ties made from strawberries and grapes that were served over a fruit salad. The bow tie pasta salad was cute and delicious too.


I love the baby food buffet! Although, I can think of at least one little boy that loved it more. Check out the tutorial on how to put it together.





'
I made a lemon lime punch to match the theme.



Games


The games were played throughout the party to keep everyone entertained from start to finish.



Name that Stache : Everyone got a chance to guess the famous mustaches.




Pin the Bow Tie on the Little Man : I  printed a poster size picture of my little boy and cut out some bow ties with double sided tape on the back. 



One by one, the kids where blindfolded with a tie and tried to pin the tie onto the pic of Nehemiah. The prize was M&Ms that were shaped to look like a bow tie by putting a rubber band on them.



Tie the Tie: This was a game where 2 teams of two battled to see who could tie a tie on the other person the fastest.  The catch was that the person tying the tie was blindfolded. It was a lot of fun to play and watch.


Decor





I made a sign that let everyone know the rules for a little man.




I took a picture of my son every month in the laundry basket to capture his grow. I used those pictures on ribbons to make add wall decor behind the cake table.

I also spread out pictures and collages of him through the room.


I wrapped some boxes to accent the cupcake stand and the buffet.








The centerpieces were amazing. You would never guess they were made from formula containers. Make sure to view my tutorial on the centerpieces. There is also a tutorial for the balloon weights.





Cake 

The smash cake and little man cupcakes were courtesy of Corbin's Sweethouse in Dallas, TX.  





I love the bow tie cupcake stand I made. It really stood out in the room.



 The #1 cupcake  cake was done by my local Kroger's Bakery.



The smash cake was a little uneventful. He didn't really understand the concept. This face says it all!





Favors

I decided on neck tie bags for the favors. They were filled with an assortment of mustache toys and goodies. I have a blog post that shows you how to make them.


For the adults I had bow tie cookies that were also from Corbin's Sweethouse in Dallas, TX.




All in all, it was a great party! It was a lot of fun to plan. Until the next time...


Happy Planning!


Bethanie










No comments:

Post a Comment